There are many opportunities for progression within Chrome Tree Care. Once having had at least one year's experience as a Care Worker and having excelled in a team, you will have a good
understanding of standards company is striving to achieve, your next step might be applying for a Team Leader's post.
As a team leader you will will work as a part of your team. Team Leader will strive to build stronger relationships with your care workers and take on extra responsibilities setting an example and
being the first point of contact for your team-and vitally- for the new care workers joining Chrome Tree Care.
- Team Leader is directly responsible to the Field Care Supervisors for the running of the home care services and the welfare of the elderly clients.
- To work as part of a team, with specific responsibilities outlined below.
- To supervise and participate in the delivery of care to the clients.
- To lead on the responsibility of clients individual care plans ensuring a person centred approach.
- To provide effective leadership for care staff through supervision, support and mentoring in all aspects of care.
- To be responsible for the administration of medication
- To be responsible for checking if the team of carers are following the care plan
- To be responsible for checking if the team of carers are administering medication in accordance with company's medication policy.
CLIENT CARE AND SUPPORT:
- To actively participate and assist Field Care Supervisors in supervisions and in the delivery of care to the clients
- To be responsible with the team for the reporting to Field Care Supervisor/ Manager of preparation, implementation, review and update of all clients care plans in line with their personal
wishes and preferences involving client, representatives, key workers and management as appropriate in line with The Chrome Tree Care policies.
- To be responsible with the team for continual monitoring of each clients health needs by feeding this information to the manager/ field care supervisor.
- To administer prescribed medication to clients and assist in the management of an effective system for the safe control and administration of medication in accordance with policy and
- To be responsible for checking care plans of clients to ensure your team is following clients’ care plans
- To be responsible for checking care folders of clients to ensure your team are visiting clients as per their rotas and team members arriving late on continuous basis are reported to
- To be responsible for checking clients MAR charts are filled out by your team members correctly; and mistakes are recoded appropriately; team members making incidents/mistakes are recorded on the
Team Leaders Care Plan Compliance Check List.
- To effectively lead, motivate and support care staff via
-Upon appointment to assist in the appropriate induction and
-support of new care staff to take up their role
-Provide effective supervision sessions for care staff within the team and support with identified training needs.
-Assist staff to complete relevant documentation as directed.
-Monitor care staff performance, report any issue to the deputy /manager.
- To undertake responsibility within an area of work as delegated by the Care Manager
- Understand and observe all relevant regulations and Chrome Tree Care policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the administrative records of the Home Care provsion and ensure that all records are kept up to date.
- To follow appropriate procedures in the event of accidents/ emergencies e.g. fire, missing clients.
- Ensure that the clients are safe and secure at all times whilst on duty.
- Ensure appropriate and agreed staffing levels are maintained in liaison with the deputy/manager.
- To report and advise the relevant persons with respect to the repairs and maintenance of the clients’ home.
- Participate in out-of hours calls on shift basis
- To be flexible about working hours.
- To be approachable and supportive to staff and managers.
- To attend staff meetings when appropriate and to be available for one to one sessions as agreed.
- To attend appropriate training and development sessions as agreed with the Manager.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To carry out any reasonable duties as requested by the Manager.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down by the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To uphold and promote equal opportunities in employment practice and service delivery.
A. Extensive relevant experience in a health or social care setting working with older
B. A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent.
C. Ability to communicate and interact well with clients and others
D. To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard
E. Good basic care planning skills
F. Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure in a diverse and changing environment
G. Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
H. Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
I. Ability to effectively supervise individuals and a team
J. Ability to inform management about any issues (especially safeguarding) relating to clients or carers to management promptly
A. A relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent
B. Training or Assessment Qualification e.g. Moving and Handling
C. Evidence of continuous professional development.